In the age of social media – there is always the bigger, better app or network. Find your cheat sheet for the top ten up and coming social media outlets below. You can thank us later…
- edium – A blogging platform brought to you from Evan Williams, co-founder of Twitter and Blogger, recently launched in October allowing individuals a simple design with varying topics allows users to host stories.
- Kleek – This social network allows you to personalize your own private network within Facebook. Kleek permits you to only view the statuses and updates of your most loved friends. Kleek is a win – win – No uncomfortable unfriending – no game requests from your 7th grade lab partner!
- Viddy – An app that allows its users to shoot 15 second or less videos, edit footage, add music and/or filters and easily share across Twitter and Facebook.
- RunKeeper – This app is named “The Personal Trainer in Your Pocket!” It allows you to network with the like-minded fitness community, as well as track your workouts.
- Ghost – Begun by a Kickstarter project, Ghost is an up and coming blogging platform that allows you to do just that – blog.
- Pose – With a visual layout similar to Pinterest, this app allows users to share outfits and accessories. Pose has been called the “Instagram of the fashion world”.
- Vine – A video sharing app launched by Twitter that lets you film short, separate instances that can be put together totaling six seconds of video. Each plays in a continuous loop and is visible in Twitter’s timeline.
- Days – This app groups any photo’s you take through the app and mold it into a ‘visual diary’ allowing you to view and/or share your ‘day’ through images. Days also is easily sharable via Facebook, etc.
- App.net – This social outlet allows users to share photos and documents with file storage apps – a free option is available, but the full version runs $36 annually.
- Atmospheir – Soon to launch, this app promises to compile all information from all of your social media outlets into one single databank. Genius!
What new social outlets are you excited about?