A blog is the abbreviation of “weblog” which is a term describing website that have an ongoing stream of diary-type information and links to other websites. Blogs are made up of personal and business interests topics and can vary greatly. Usually blogs focus on one particular topic such as fashion, design or technology. Per WordPress, blogs tend to have a similar layout as shown below:
- “A main content area with articles listed chronologically, newest on top. Often, the articles are organized into categories”.
- “An archive of older articles”.
- “A way for people to leave comments about the articles”.
- “A list of links to other related sites, sometimes called a “blogroll”.
- “One or more “feeds” like RSS, Atom or RDF files”.